What to do if Netflix page does not update after changing Netflix country (Hub)
On some devices, the Netflix app's home page does not update correctly after switching Netflix countries in the router portal. This is caused by Netflix caching thumbnails and other data directly to your device.
One solution, would be to simply switch between profiles within the Netflix app itself for it to refresh.
- In the Netflix app, select More or Profiles (depending on device) and switch to a different profile.
- Now switch back to your preferred profile and the images and visible content should also update to reflect the selected Netflix country.
If the above did not work, you can easily clear this cached data manually by following these quick steps:
Android devices may differ from one another but don't worry, the basics are all the same.
- Head to the Settings of your Android device. (Cog icon)
- Tap on Apps in the menu and tap All (if your system doesn't show you all apps by default)
- Tap the Netflix app and then tap on Storage
- Tap on Clear Cache, exit the settings and relaunch the Netflix app
- From the Home screen, select Settings at the top
- Select Applications
- Select Manage Installed Applications
- Scroll down and select Netflix
- Select Force Stop and Clear Cache, exit the settings and relaunch the Netflix app
Most other devices are not able to directly clear their cache like Android or Fire TV. This means the easiest way to do it would be to simply unplug the device from power and plug it back in after a few seconds.
Once the device is powered back on, make sure it's connected to the StreamLocator network (via Wi-Fi or a wired connection) and relaunch the Netflix app.