What if some shows and movies on All 4, ITV or Peacock are not working or downloading
The All 4, ITV and Peacock apps and websites use an extra clever trick to determine your location when trying to watch some shows or movies on their service or some of the live TV content. This can also affect the offline download option on some content.
They check the time zone on the device your watching to make sure it corresponds to a UK/US time zone. This can be easily bypassed by manually changing your device's time zone.
Here are a few examples on how to do this on various devices:
- Click the Start button (Windows button) > Settings > Time & language > Date & time
- Uncheck "Set time zone automatically" and select London time zone (UTC +00:00) or any of the US time zones (depending on the app you want to watch) below.
- Click the Mac Menu button -> System Preferences -> Date & Time -> Time Zone tab -> Uncheck Set time zone automatically -> Select the UK area on the map -> Select London OR any US city (depending on the app you want to watch) under the Closest City drop-down at the bottom.
- Press the Home button on your remote, then navigate to Settings -> Preferences -> Time Zone -> Time Zone -> Europe -> British Summer Time/Greenwich Mean Time (London) OR any of the US time zones (depending on the app you want to watch)
- Press the Home button on your remote, then scroll up or down to select Settings -> System -> Time -> Time zone -> Set manually -> Select London Time OR any of the US time zones (depending on the app you want to watch)
- From the Home screen select Settings -> Device Preferences -> Date & Time -> Set time zone -> Select London or British Summer Time (GMT +01:00)/Greenwich Mean Time OR or any of the US time zones (depending on the app you want to watch)
This process it the same or very similar on most devices available in the market today, including phones, tablets, game consoles, smart TV's or any other streaming device out there.