What to do if Netflix does not update after changing Netflix country (Android)
On some devices, mostly Android phones and tablets, the Netflix app's home page does not update correctly after switching Netflix countries in the router portal. This is caused by Netflix caching thumbnails and other data directly to your device.
One solution, would be to simply switch between profiles within the Netflix app itself for it to refresh.
- In the Netflix app, select More or Profiles (depending on device) and switch to a different profile.
- Now switch back to your preferred profile and the images and visible content should also update to reflect the selected Netflix country.
If the above did not work, you can easily clear this cached data manually by following these quick steps. Android devices may differ from one another but don't worry, the basics are all the same.
- Head to the Settings of your Android device. (Cog icon)
- Tap on Apps in the menu and tap All (if your system doesn't show you all apps by default)
- Tap the Netflix app and then tap on Force Stop
- Tap on Storage and then tap on Clear Cache
- Exit the settings and relaunch the Netflix app