How can I watch HBO Max with the StreamLocator Hub
StreamLocator makes it easy to watch HBO Max from outside of the US, simply follow our steps below to learn how!
Step 1 - Order a StreamLocator Hub:
Our smart Hub will give you easy, reliable access to HBO Max as well as 8 Netflix countries (US, UK, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, South Korea) and 40 other streaming services. Order StreamLocator here.
Step 2 - Connect your devices:
Once your StreamLocator Hub arrives, set it up and connect your streaming devices to the new “StreamLocator” Wi-Fi network that it created for you. Check out our guides for some of the most popular devices.
You won’t need to change any settings for HBO Max as the StreamLocator Hub will automatically route you through the US when trying to access HBO’s website or apps on any connected device. This includes visiting the HBO Max website when signing up!
Step 3 - Get a US payment method:
You’ll need a US payment method and billing address to pay for HBO Max. There are a few services out there for this but our recommendation is Statescard. Sign up for a new card and load it with enough money to pay for your HBO Max subscription.
Step 4 - Sign up for HBO Max:
Make sure the device you want to use is connected to the StreamLocator Wi-Fi network first, then visit hbomax.com. Signup using your normal details but make sure you include the billing address provided by StatesCard. StatesCard have provided a simple guide to signing up for HBO Max from outside the US here.
The simplest method is to use the web version of HBO Max and cast to your TV, however if you want to watch directly on other devices. you’ll likely need to install the HBO Max app.
- On your browser - Simply visit hbomax.com and start streaming.
- On Android devices - download the Aptoide app to your device and search for HBO Max.
- On Android TV devices (Mi Box, Nvidia Shield, Sony Bravia Smart TV's, etc.) - download the Aptoide TV app to your device and search for HBO Max.
- On Roku devices - Follow our guide to create a US Roku account and download HBO Max and other US apps.
- On Fire TV devices - Follow our guide on changing your Amazon account country temporarily to download HBO Max and other non-local apps OR side-load the HBO Max app.
- On Smart TV's - This will require changing your Smart TV's app store country and can change drastically between manufacturers and models so you'll need to find info for your specific model. You can also check out our guide for a few of the popular Samsung Smart TV models.
- On PlayStation consoles - Follow our guide on creating a US PSN account to download HBO Max and other US apps.
- On Xbox consoles - Follow our guide on changing your Xbox app store country to download HBO Max and other US apps.
- On iOS and iPadOS devices (iPhones and iPads) - You'll need to create a new US Apple ID. This will require a US payment method which you have covered with StatesCard and a US Phone number. After creating the account, simply login to this new account on your Apple device and visit the store to download HBO Max.